Sunday, November 12th, 2017

Covered CA Open Enrollment

The Covered California Open Enrollment Period
for 2018 coverage will run from

Wednesday, November 1, 2017
through Wednesday, January 31, 2018







    • Covered California is open for the 2018 open enrollment year. Open enrollment for new applicants runs from November 1 to January 31, 2018. If you are a current enrollee in Covered California, the renewal period ends on December 15, 2017. Please refer to the Covered California website for more information on renewals at: https://www.coveredca.com/members/renewal/.
    • Anyone currently enrolled in a Covered CA plan who takes no action by December 15th will be passively reenrolled in their current plan, or if they had Anthem, they will be enrolled in the lowest cost plan in their same metal tier.
    • Consumers who enroll and receive “conditional enrollment” and are required to provide additional documentation will receive a 90-day window beginning on January 1, 2018, in order to provide that follow-up documentation to Covered CA. That means that these consumers will have until the end of March 2018 to provide additional documentation to Covered California.
      • Our Health Center Certified Enrollment Counselors are available free of charge. Please call 707.254.1777 to speak to an enrollment counselor.


    • If your household is enrolled in Medi-Cal, please be aware that enrollment for Medi-Cal is year-round. Please contact the Napa County Self Sufficiency Services Department at 707.253.4511 if you are enrolled in Medi-Cal and your contact information has changed. The County will mail you a renewal form for Medi-Cal when it is time to renew your Medi-Cal coverage. If you lose your Medi-Cal, you may become eligible for Covered California.

    OLE Health has dedicated professionals ready to:

    • Explain your renewal options
    • Discuss your health plan needs with you
    • Help you compare health plan benefits and costs
    • Help you change your health plan for 2018
    • Update your account information (income, contact information, and add documents)

    Call our Patient Services Department at 707.254.1777

    Fire disaster Information

      • The current Covered California Open Enrollment period and processes currently in place should be sufficient for most consumers impacted by the wildfires to enroll or reenroll in coverage.


      • For consumers impacted by the wild fires who have lost documentation, we urge them to see a Certified Enrollment Counselor or Insurance Agent and apply for coverage anyway, whether or not they have all the needed information, as the Enrollment Counselor can provide free resources and referrals to assist with any needed document replacement.


      • Consumers can apply for coverage by passing the Remote Identity Proofing process at Covered California and are not required to produce a form of identification, OR consumers can apply for coverage with one form of government identification (driver’s license or other ID).


      • Currently enrolled consumers impacted by the fires do not need to take any action and will be passively renewed in Covered California. If you are currently enrolled in Anthem through Covered California and do not take any action, you will be automatically renewed in the same metal tier of the lowest-priced plan offered in your area.


      • For any consumer who has difficulty providing necessary information or documentation due to the fires and receives conditional enrollment, you will have 90 days to get that documentation and provide it to Covered California. If for some reason the 90 days is not sufficient, you can contact Covered California and receive an extension of time while you replace your identification or other documents.


      • If you have lost your job and/or your Employer Sponsored Insurance, before applying for COBRA, you should make an appointment with a Certified Enrollment Counselor to review your healthcare options regarding affordable plans and benefits. You may be eligible for a subsidized plan on the Covered California exchange, or you may be eligible for other public health insurance programs (for example, Medi-Cal).