Regular vision checks and eye exams are about more than getting the right eyeglass prescription. It’s important to get regular eye exams to screen for changes in vision or other problems with your eyes. Some conditions that affect your overall health, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, can also affect your vision. OLE Health offers a full range of Optometry services at our Stacy Jacobs Eye Clinic inside our South Napa Campus.
How often should you get an eye exam?
- Young children should have their first eye exam around age 3, before starting school
- If you’re between the ages of 5 to 55 and otherwise healthy, once every two years
- If you’re 55 or older, every year
- Blurry vision
- Distorted vision (straight lines look crooked)
- Double vision
- Eye pain
- Eye pressure
- Red or dry eyes
- Spots or floaters in your vision
- Vision loss or reduction in the field of vision