POSITION TITLE: Data Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems
REPORTS TO: Data Analytics & Programmer Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Data Analytics & Programmer Manager, the Data Analyst collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to support the organization’s data needs by developing ad-hoc and recurring reports. OLE Health is Federally Qualified Health Center providing care and serving the most vulnerable in our Napa and Solano communities. Each patient works with a dedicated team of medical professionals to get the range of services they need, when and where they need them. We are proudly local and have cared for our communities for 50 years.
LOCATION: Primarily remote and occasional on-site work at one of our main locations in Napa, CA as needed:
- North Campus: 1141 Pear Tree Lane Napa, CA 94558
- South Campus: 300 Hartle Court Napa, CA 94559
Please keep in mind, the ability to work and meet on-site as needed is a requirement.
Our Data Department consists of our:
- CIO with over 25+ years of healthcare information technology who understands how data drives and effects decision making
- Data Analytics & Programmer Manager who manages data-related projects and collaborates with stakeholders to support their department data literacy and development
- Data Analyst who supports departments with routine ad-hoc and recurring reporting development
- Data Programmer who develops software tools to automate and improve workflows
- Collaborate with Data Department and stakeholders: Confirm data requests by reviewing objective, input/output requirements, and timeframes to support clinical care teams, quality improvement, and reporting needs of the organization.
- Conduct ongoing data collection: Analyze health information from a variety of sources including eClinicalWorks, BridgeIT, Relevant, Excel, etc. for quality improvement, internal operations, UDS, and other reporting requirements.
- Data reporting development: Write, validate, and document large amounts of SQL code to build data reports and dashboards for end-user usage and functionality.
- Attention to verbal/written detail, manage priorities/workflow, and ability to work independently without supervision or collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Critical, creative, and analytical thinker for solving data-related problems and can adapt what is known to what is needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively
- Data literacy comprehension: Interpreting results and presenting findings to stakeholders into language stakeholders can understand
- Committed to providing high quality, accurate, and timely data to improve patient care
- Regular attendance and punctuality are necessary
- Demonstrate maturity and understanding to always maintain confidentiality of patient and organizational information
- Intermediate to advanced SQL comprehension and querying required
- Intermediate to advanced competency in Excel (Functions, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc..) required
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems (MSSQL and PostgreSQL) preferred
- Familiarity with SQL IDE (JetBrains DataGrip, DBeaver, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with data analytical platforms (Relevant, PowerBI, Tableau, etc..) preferred
- Familiarity with HRSA/UDS, Partnership HealthPlan QIP, CMS, PCMH, etc. reporting preferred
- Familiarity navigating Electronic Health Record (e.g., eClinicalWorks, EPIC) systems preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of project management practices and methodologies preferred
- Experience with programming languages (Python or R) for data manipulation and analysis preferred, but not required
- Familiarly with GitHub preferred, but not required
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in health-related informatics, computer science, statistics, data analytics/data science, engineering, public health, or other related fields
- Minimum of one year working as a data analyst, developer, or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year directly related experience in healthcare – health information technology, quality improvement, data analytics/data science, or information management strongly preferred