Covered CA Fire Info
• The current Covered California Open Enrollment period and processes currently in place should be sufficient for most consumers impacted by the wildfires to enroll or reenroll in coverage.
The Covered California Open Enrollment Period for 2018 coverage will run from
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
through Wednesday, January 31, 2018
• For consumers impacted by the wild fires who have lost documentation, we urge them to see a Certified Enrollment Counselor or Insurance Agent and apply for coverage anyway, whether or not they have all the needed information, as the Enrollment Counselor can provide free resources and referrals to assist with any needed document replacement.
• Consumers can apply for coverage by passing the Remote Identity Proofing process at Covered California and are not required to produce a form of identification, OR consumers can apply for coverage with one form of government identification (driver’s license or other ID).
• Currently enrolled consumers impacted by the fires do not need to take any action and will be passively renewed in Covered California. If you are currently enrolled in Anthem through Covered California and do not take any action, you will be automatically renewed in the same metal tier of the lowest-priced plan offered in your area.
• For any consumer who has difficulty providing necessary information or documentation due to the fires and receives conditional enrollment, you will have 90 days to get that documentation and provide it to Covered California. If for some reason the 90 days is not sufficient, you can contact Covered California and receive an extension of time while you replace your identification or other documents.
• If you have lost your job and/or your Employer Sponsored Insurance, before applying for COBRA, you should make an appointment with a Certified Enrollment Counselor to review your healthcare options regarding affordable plans and benefits. You may be eligible for a subsidized plan on the Covered California exchange, or you may be eligible for other public health insurance programs (for example, Medi-Cal).
Call our Patient Services Department at 707.254.1777